3/30/18

Faye's Oven Rice Casserole

2 c rice
1 pkg onion soup mix
2 cups fresh mushrooms (I often replace 1 c with green beans)
1/2 c oil
4 tbsp soya sauce
4 c water

Mix in large casserole dish and bake, covered, at 350F for one hour.
I didn't have any mushrooms in the house but I did have a can of baby corn, so I chopped those into chunks. Not bad! In the photo below, you can see I've thrown in green beans and green onions. Depending on the veggies you add, it may be necessary to remove the lid and bake the casserole for an extra 10 or 15 minutes to get rid of extra liquid. I also added a few slivered almonds one time, for some crunch. It may be impossible to go wrong with this easy, tasty casserole. It's so delicious the ingredients in the list above are doubled (all except the onion soup mix, which doesn't need to be; at least, not when using a commercial mix). You want lots, and you want leftovers.


No comments:

Post a Comment