10/9/14

Dressing Casserole

1 medium onion, chopped
4 tb butter
10 slices bread, cubed
1 tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
1 tsp sage
½ c celery, chopped
1 can chicken with rice soup
½ can water

Preheat oven to 325F.
Brown onion in butter.
Mix with remaining ingredients.

Bake 1 hour.
Do you like your dressing almost soggy? The recipe I found doesn't say whether to bake it covered or not, so to be on the safe side I put the lid on. It's a bit soggy that way, so next time I'll take it off for the last half hour, or even the whole hour, and see what happens.

This recipe is in the little wooden recipe box Mom had at home while I was growing up, and that I have had since she bought something different and passed the old one on to me some 20 years ago. The recipe is in Mom's handwriting, on a piece of notepaper folded in half. 

And it's perfect for those holiday/family get-togethers like Thanksgiving when there is never really enough dressing inside the bird. 

No comments:

Post a Comment