10/7/14

Basic Brownies


Grease and flour a 9”-square pan.

¼ c butter
¼ c cocoa
1 c brown sugar
2 eggs, beaten.
1 tsp vanilla
2/3 c whole wheat flour
½ c walnuts

Melt butter.
Add cocoa, sugar, and vanilla. Mix well.
Add eggs. Mix well.
Add flour and nuts (I like to double the nuts and the vanilla). Mix well.
Bake at 325F for 30 min. (Test with toothpick. I usually have to bake 10 more minutes.)



The original recipe gives ingredients and instructions for icing the brownies, but we like these just as they are. They are more than sweet enough! As a matter of fact, I made these one afternoon on the weekend and the pan was empty when I got up the next morning.

And lest ye think all recipes for brownies are created equal ... think again!
There is at least one brownie recipe marked "crappy" in my handwriting in a cookbook.



No comments:

Post a Comment